To come up with the right solutions, you need to ask the right questions first. The name Visma | Raet probably rings a bell as co-sponsor of the cycling team that won multiple stages in the Tour de France. Chances are, you’ve also encountered our solutions many times over. Our Youforce platform helps 1500+ giants (and countless smaller companies) streamline their HR processes, with services that range in scale from standardised payroll to bespoke eHRM solutions. With dual HQs in Oslo (Visma) and the Netherlands (Raet), we facilitate clients in several countries.
Our product is an integrated suite of systems in the Azure cloud, that we continuously improve in our CI/CD pipeline. Although the platform was initially set up by contractors, an internal scrum team will assume end-to-end responsibility. We’ve come a long way since embarking on this ‘gargantuan’ task. Legacy point-to-point interfacing technologies were replaced with robust Azure resources, a large number of new interfaces have been added, and a test-driven development process is in place, propelling us towards full automation. Having completed the integration of our services and products with our Visma headquarters, we can now start looking outward and offer these services to the world. Can you drive that process?
As our Jr. Business Analyst
You are the linking pin between the business (and thus our clients) and our internal development community in the Netherlands. You define the vision, gathering traction for it along the way. You establish product features and prioritise delivery on ‘max added value’ basis. On the development side, you set an ambitious (but realistic) software release plan and scope activities with the platform lead, our business and information analysts and the DevOps team. Your responsibilities include analyze and define functional needs from our customers, transform those need into functionalities to be developed by the team. This includes close collaboration with the UX designers to provide a better user experience.
As a Junior Business Analyst you also require a deep understanding of what makes the business tick and strong stakeholder skills. By asking the right people the right questions, your epics can become legendary. What should the overall platform vision, strategy, and roadmap be in order to align with the company’s broader strategies and initiatives. Also give back to the stakeholders; Keep everybody engaged and aligned. This is an important driver of adoption.
Key performance indicators
- Effective and well-groomed backlog;
- Sharp acceptance criteria per feature;
- Up to date Agile processes and cross-functional communication;
- High quality, low cost service delivery processes, streamlined solution delivery;
- Continuous improvement becomes the de facto standard;
- Constant communication and alignment of stakeholders during product visioning and concept development;
- Successful cross-functional teams, and strong bonds with all stakeholders;
- Stories and epics maximise value and advance the product strategy.
This is what you bring to the table
First and foremost: a feel for the business. You need a ‘heartfelt’ understanding of business objectives in order to effectively visualise/quantify opportunities and risks. So, ask the question behind the question is imperative. Your track record should prove you are able to deliver the goals you set out to achieve. On an individual level but even more so as a member of cross-functional teams. You feel comfortable working in fast-changing environments, where change is the only constant, and are versed in developing epics and stories that readers believe in.
- Academic degree and affinity with Information Technology;
- +1 years experience as Product Owner or Business Analyst in technology preferably for complex on-line or cloud based product;
- 1+ year experience in IT Projects;
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies;
- Project management skills; you’re a true team player, and never cross the finish line alone;
- A pioneering spirit: you’re not looking for a job in a setting where everything is set in stone;
- Full professional proficiency of Dutch;
- Besides Dutch, you got excellent written and verbal English skills (B2 + level);
- Working experience in an international business context.
What you see and what you get
Visma | Raet is located in Amersfoort. Here, you’ll meet most of your new colleagues, including over 300 IT professionals. At Visma l Raet, we work hard, but we don’t believe a competitive culture nets the best results, so the atmosphere is open, inviting and collaborative. As you might expect from an HR-solutions specialist, we provide a benefits package that is a cut above the rest, and not only includes a fair salary between €3.500 and €4.500 (based on your experience) and ample opportunities for personal and professional growth, but also offers flexible work arrangements. Want to work from home? Fine with us. Need to take the afternoon off to see your kid in their school musical? Don’t forget to app us some pics! Of note: as Business Analyst you’ll work in an international setting, English is the language of choice.
Who better to tell us more about you than you. Therefore, please share your CV and a few words in a motivational letter.
Ideally, the position is filled as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you. Interviews are held on an ongoing basis.
If you have any further questions regarding the vacancy, please feel free to contact the responsible Development Managers for this vacancy: Berenice González Arriaga email@example.com) or Tiina Roson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions regarding the hiring process please contact Boycke Houwen, Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com.